A Close Look at the “Branded Residence” Trend In Thai Real Estate
What is a “branded residence?”
Branded residences classified by type:The following references are drawn from the Savills Branded Residences Report 2018, which divides branded residences into 2 primary groups:
1. Hotel Branded ResidenceThese are residential projects such as condominiums or villas managed by and offering exceptional services from hotel groups that own the brands. They may be either stand-alone units in a hotel building or located in another zone within the same property. Some such projects may offer additional investor services, such as legally sanctioned leasing and daily rental management in the usual way of hotels. Here the person with ownership rights may receive rental income as well as rights to stay in projects in the hotel brand’s network, and other services. In 2018 the hotel group with the largest proportion of branded residences was Marriott International, which owns the Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, and Sheraton brands, among others.
2. Non-Hotel Branded ResidenceThese are branded residences not directly controlled by hotel groups, though some may utilize the services of hotels or hospitality companies. They include a large number of brands representing a variety of industries, such as
- - Automotive groups. Aston Martin Residences, for instance, offers posh condos conveying the swank and elegance of a more-than-100-year-old British luxury car brand. Add Tonino Lamborghini Residences Dubai, inspired by colors and sleek lines of Lamborghini luxury sport cars.
- - Fashion, jewelry, and luxury industry groups such as Armani, designer of Residences By Armani Casa in Miami, with the identity of an eminent French crystal glassware brand represented by Baccarat Hotels & Residences.
- - World-renowned designers and firms such as famed architect Daniel Libeskind, designer of the luxurious Verve Villa in Germany, and Philippe Starck with YOO Studio, owner of the YOO Residence brand, which has done acclaimed work in 36 countries around the world. YOO is considered a top-drawer major brand among non-hotel branded residence groups, listed in 2018 with 52 projects.